The Joy, Comfort, and Stress-Reducing Power of Outsourcing

How often growing up did you hear the phrase “if you want something done properly do it yourself”

This is one of the misconceptions many people have when it comes to business, trying to do everything themselves, becoming too busy working in their business rather than on the business.

If you want to live a life of freedom then learning the art of delegation is key.

Before starting my personal growth journey if there was something I wanted to be done I always felt the need to have to do it myself…

it wasn’t until reading and learning from many successful people the art of delegation.

When you are able to delegate the less inspiring things which are usually the ones making you busy but not productive this then allows you to free up more time, time for you to work on more meaningful work, it allows you time to work on the income-generating tasks.

The Pareto Principle

It’s very well known in the self-development space that the Pareto Principle can be applied to so many things in life, especially business.

When you look at 80% of your income chances are it’ll most likely coming from 20% of your clients

20% of your tasks produce 80% of your income so the other 60% you can either delete, outsource or delegate


One of the things that have helped me over the last few years is outsourcing, using services like Fiver to get jobs done and usually much quicker than I could ever possible complete it

How much is your time worth, and what would you be able to generate if you were able to work on those tasks which are income-producing?

The best thing about outsourcing is that it removes a lot of the headache of trying to learn everything you need to learn to get the project done…

Yes it may be valuable to learn the skill but hiring someone who is already skilled in that thing you want to be done can save you a lot of time and money

For me, it’s about weighing up what my time is worth, how much the project will cost me to outsource and what will that project bring in once it’s completed or how much will it help me life and business.

“The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.” Anthea Turner

Reducing Your Stress

Do you always feel like you have no time or theres is not enough time in the day to get everything done?

If you said yes then its most likely that you are trying to do to much yourself, theres is a good way of getting your tasks in order of importance using the Eisenhowser Matrix.

Do, decide, delegate and delete, the Eisenhowser Matrix is split into four boxes.

Instead of writing your to do list as you usually would by using the esienhowser matrix is about doing the highest prioty tasks fist and looking at whihc tasks you can delete /delegate

When it comes to delegation this could either be using sites like Fiver, or simply just asking your team members to do certain tasks.

Imagine how less stressed would you be if your workload was to be reduced and you have time to the tasks and jobs you want to be doing, the ones which your are inspired to do, and that are inocme producing rather them messing around with tasks and jobs which don’t move the needle, jobs which anybody could do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, if you have found it useful leave a comment below with your biggest takeaway and share it with others who may find this post valuable

I hope that next time your swamped with tasks and projects you ease the load and delegate some of them to other or outsource to ease the load.

Check out our other posts below:

Leave a Reply

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: